a dozen years of love!

 12 full years of you and your sweet love!


The last 6 months you have raced yourself into adolescence.Overnight you grew taller and your voice changed.Probably next year you may rise above your Dad.I look hard for that little boy we once knew and surprisingly I find him often.I find his love and sweet smile.I find him in your gentle being.

You are the opposite of me and so much like  your Appa, always gentle and kind and stable.Do you know I admire this so much?You also look so much like your Appa ;it simply fills me with great joy!
One day you walked upto me and said,Amma I don't want to be a failure.Oh sweet child, you will make mistakes, too many of them, but to be human is the opposite of failure.You are that already, you always will be that.Some days you tell me you want to be a business man, most days you talk to me about traveling the entire world, you tell me you will take us three in the choicest airplanes and make us live in a big mansion.Your dreams are pure gold,I will always dream your dreams a bit more bigger in my prayers.
But also remember the airplanes and mansions will not matter if there is no love and kindness.Hold on to those two real tight my darling, always.

The year 2021 has been ferocious with our family, losing Ammamma ripped us all open raw.On those mighty difficult days you looked at us for the way ahead.Some days I could be there but most days were a struggle for me, but you gently preserved ahead.Taking us along  even on some days.A shining star.

This year Thatha gave you Ammamma's phone and though I have been so confused about it at times BUT you always showed us that we can trust you ,no matter.2021 was also spent mostly at home and online schooling but you persevered and shone like a star in your academics.November had you back at school and boy were you relieved to be back at school:)
I still enjoy hearing your secrets and deep wishes, your world and ours still collide, merge and compliment so joyfully and I pray on this day they always can to some degree at the least!

You have been our biggest cheerleader and greatest critic and your love has been our constant and gentle source.Watching you and Ahimsa love and bond has been my life's greatest blessing.You do know why it means so much to me.

We have survived the worst of times and lived through the best of times together and we are the chosen ones to witness this beautiful journey of yours.
What a precious gift you are to us and this wonderful world!
Happy Birthday my sweet Yaddu ma!



Birthday celebration with school buddies at home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covid days