10 years of loving you.




The love, the unimaginable and colossal love between a mother and her first born: no one or nothing can quiet prepare you for that.

A decade ago I was a young, new mom.
Struggling (maybe even failing or at least feeling like i was failing) to stay awake and keep you alive, thriving and happy.

Now, almost 10 years later,10 wondrous  and love-filled  years later, I am a mum to a confident, lovable, honest and a funny tween.

Ten years of so many firsts and every year has thrown me by surprise. Raising you has been a wildly beautiful gift from the heavens above but more than that it has set me out on my path of self discovery too. I discovered motherhood and along with that I truly discovered myself.

Starting this year, the next few years will be unsettling to you. After all, you will be colliding head on with adolescence. It is not going to easy my darling, not for you and definitely not for me. But I pray, the love we have in our family, the true strings of love that has kept us all up glued in, will help us through the next few years of discovery and new beginnings.

I take a deep deep breath here, now, this moment, fearing the years ahead and wishing fiercely these last ten years did not fly by so swiftly.

Are we up for this task of adolescence and teenage?

With the same uncertainty I had as I held you for the first time, the same question I had as I set forth holding you tightly against my chest to explore and conquer your childhood,
now  I stand here, right behind you as you  bravely begin your new journey towards adolescence.

For now, I brush the hair off your forehead and breathe in the final fragrance of childhood that lingers shyly behind and whisper a prayer of deep gratitude that we were chosen for this small gateway in time,
to be the caretakers that prepare you for the world,
to love you till eternity and beyond.
Gratitude to the most beautiful divine ,that gave us the privilege
of YOU.
Happy 10th birthday my darling Yaddie.

Love,
Amma


Ps: What started off on a silent night when you were born, is now 10 years old! This blog is 10 years old too today:)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covid days