Love in words - happy 9th birthday!

Dearest Yadditu,

So another year gone. Another birthday is here. My introductions in the letters I write to you on your birthdays seem almost identical and cornily cliched as I say "I wonder how all the time flew past" .So technically we are skipping that bit this year but that does not mean I dont wonder.I do and wonder hard.

This birthday meant a few firsts and a few lasts.

This birthday is your last single digit birthday!The last.
This birthday is also the last birthday as our only son.
This birthday we celebrated in a place called home - our very own first home.

This was the year when you seemed to have jumped and wandered off from my arms into this world and have found solace and love and security and happiness in the world of cricket,books and art.

You discovered the world of books and reading and my heart always skips a beat when I watch you lost in a book,all alone but not really so.

Cricket was a calling you took to like a fashioned Pro.You absolutely love playing the sport and watching you play matches and watch you understand winning and loosing was a beautiful journey.

Lego is still the world you go to,when you need your time and space and also to unleash your creative force.

You still cuddle and love unabashedly.

Bright,shy,creative,honest,funny,athletic,kind and a sensitive empath.This is you.

Your smile can light up my heart and world and when you go out to do something,you go all out.You wouldn't want to give anything less than your 100% to a job assigned.

Something inside you twitches and hurts when you see someone hurting.It could be a complete stranger and that is empathy.I pray you keep this beautiful quality locked safe inside you.

You are grateful and what a beautiful quality that is.The days you walk up and tell me with the tightest kiss that you love me and Appa and that you are lucky to have us.

You my bright son,are everything I hoped you would be and so much more!
Everyday of these 9 years has been a joy and how!This year as you take your steps ahead in this beautiful world and also take on a new role as a big brother and as we welcome our Lil Cherry home this year,I do pray and wish for the below:

Always protect, love and be there for your lil brother/sister:

ALWAYS.Because we are family. Because in that you will find strength and joy.The same will apply to your baby brother/sister.This relationship will be something you will never ever regret nor ever let go.

Yaddie ,with you I am a better human,mum,friend and wife.

I love and will always always love you my beautiful first born.

Happy birthday my love!

Love,
Amma

The year that has come and gone:

School Life:

This year you started writing like a pro and reading books much to my greatest joy!Math is something you still love and multiplication and division sums were your favourite.It did annoy you when you could not solve some tricky ones,but held your grit and worked hard until you get them right.This year you also learnt to read and write Telugu and read Hindi.You enjoy Telugu but wouldn't say the same about Hindi.From farming to building a beautiful hut as a class,this year you had a lot of hands on activities. Appa and I also came to school to talk about houses one day.This year you also learnt to crochet and crocheted me a little heart pouch that proudly hangs on my notice board.You obviously love the games class and love to come back and tell me when you win races.Your friends are Vishnu,Seyansh,Aditya,Ishaan and ofcourse Jinny!You come back some days to tell me about a beautiful girl you saw at school and my heart melts to watch you shyly explain.You absolutely love your school and your Priya teacher and I cannot thank all the Gods for the best decision I ever made as your mum was choose Sloka as your school.

Other activities

This year the focus was on cricket and cricket alone.You absolutely loved the 3 hour training each day and the matches.You played a few matches.SOme even for the under 12 team.You are the youngest on the team.A medium paced bowler and a very calm team player.Such an absolute joy to watch you bowl and play!More than me its Appa who is so so proud of you!

Travel

The last year began with us going to Mumbai for a day for your birthday.Followed by a long trip as a family to Rajasthan.We travelled across Jaipur,Udaipur,Jodhpur and Jaisalmer.It was the most beautiful travel we have had as a family!

Some other important notes

Favourite Song : Believer by imagine dragons
You still love to cook.You can make breakfasts and snacks for the entire family!You make such awesomely perfect dosas.
Favourite drink :Hot chocolate
Favourite restaurant :Chinese Pavillion
Favourite Juice:Coconut water& thumsup
Favourite sweet treats : Home made custard and chocolate cake without ganache
Favourite book:Geronimo stilton
Favourite meal:Chicken Briyani!
You enjoy writing on your diary - every single day!!
You ENJOY following rules and make sure your friends do too!
You are extremely HONEST!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covid days

10 years of loving you.