My dearest Yadditu,

7 year old.I now HAVE  A 7 YEAR OLD IN THIS HOUSE AND NO ONE TOLD ME HOW MUCH FUN THAT WOULD BE!

I still cannot seem to remember exactly what life was before you filled our lives.I remember the quiet though vaguely.Looking back it was too eerily quiet to my liking:)
Every time I ask you :"Yaddu do you remember the time when they took me out of my tummy and actually lay you on me and we looked at each other?"you always reply affirmatively.That moment is a moment frozen not just in my mind but my soul.Simply fossilized. I will remember that moment forever and ever more clearly and gratefully.It has been 7 years since that day and that moment and every year reminds me more fiercely than the one before how utterly blessed we are to have had the honor to parent you.

Last year crushed us all.You were so utterly ecstatic to understand you will be having a baby brother or sister soon.You weren't decided on whether you would want a brother or sister but you were completely ready to love them entirely and strongly.And then we lost our baby.Just like that.One sunny afternoon,she was gone.Amidst all the chaotic mess of blood,death,loss,pain and unanswered questions,one thing,just one thing shone so bright : your love,so pure,naked and vulnerable.So innocent,clear and strong.So gentle,fierce and brilliant.That love showed appa and me,our way back home despite the anger and deep deep grief.That was simply enough.We all survived.

Yaddu,you have taught us so much more than what we could have ever taught you.The lessons we learn from a child are so much deeper if we keep our hearts open.I urge you to always remember that just the way Appa and I always believed.

Its always been so easy to love you.There a gazillion million reasons why I love you but here are my list of 7 reasons why I love you compilation for this year:)

1.You are one of the most polite, well mannered, well behaved, respectful,  little boys everywhere you go, shy most of the time, but a pleasure to have and I am simply a very very proud Amma

2.You are so gracious with your kind words of appreciation. You never hesistate to tell anyone that “your saree is beautiful”. Or your house is very nice”.

3.You love us as much as we love you.Period.

4. You always make me feel better when I have had a rough day.

5. You always wave to police men and look at me with a glint in your eyes and say “See I am not scared of cops”

6. You have started reading. I love the way you put the words together. But what I love more is when you confidently make up words that you dont know.

7.When Appa and I have a disagreement and your sitting there,in between us and watching us with a sly smile on your face and appa looks at you for help and you cooly say “I am not a part of this conversation” with that glint in your eyes.

8.Family hugs.

9.The way you run into my arms when you come back from school.

10.The way you come running to me and blow onto my face after you have brushed your teeth.

11.The dreamer stays alive. From a train driver to a jet pilot to a cracker tester to a “farmer” now.

12. Your laugh. Super contagiously delicious.

13. Because some days I simply just remember you and that can move me to tears. Tear of joy. Tears of gratitude and simply sometimes tears I cannot explain.

14. Because when I tell you I am a fairy and all mothers are you sometimes cant disagree.

15.Because when you complain that I put you to sleep and walk away,I tell you I am a booger monster and I collect boogers from children at night.You are always disgusted and always tell me ”Il check about that with God.Better even maybe with Jayalalitha.”

16.Because you love to draw,paint and create and always bundle up your drawings and give them away as gifts to friends,family and sometimes strangers. You precious child.

17.Because you have NEVER judged a person by how they look.But love them for who they are.

18. Because you say,you want to have many assistants when you grow up and be a farmer and don’t want to work.

19.Because you are brave enough to say sorry when you understand you are wrong

20.You don’t have a sibling yet and still you give “how to treat your sibling” gyan to your friends.It simply breaks my heart with loveJ

21.Your so gentle with younger ones. For example when this wee 3 year old bit you through your clothes and skin and you let him and did not push him because your were worried he might fall and get hurt. Goodness. What have we raised?

22.Your sense of humor.Just like appa’s.

23.A born designer / engineer.When you begin something you have a plan of action and you simply go about executing it to the tee.

24.Because you always negotiate for an extra story each night.And I love the way you snuggle so close to me while I read.

25.A born charmer.I love the way you go about charming young yirls.May I add old women too.I guess that rubbed off from the father?*Cough*

26. Becasue at a restaurant whether its saravana bhavan or china bistro when asked "what would you like to eat  yaddu" and the answer is always "PIZZA."

27. Because one day when Appa and I were having this deep conversation and I asked Appa,"But what is beauty"? and you who were sitting near by drawing trucks and planes on your book,dint take a second to even blink and you say it aloud and matter of factually without even looking up from your book "You Amma".

28. Because you love sharing with me about your days.

29.Because you are so funny!


30.oops,dint I say 7 reason?Its 30 already.See I cant stop.I can just go on and on.

My sweetest darling little child.I love you.You know that,but never forget that.


Happiest birthday my darling Yathaarth. Such immeasurable joy you bring into our lives.

Love,
Amma

 Now for a quick look at the last year,what has come and gone:)


School Life:

Your grade one at school has been a lot of hard work.From learning to recognize alphabets to reading books.From identifying numbers to understanding the concepts such as addition,subtraction,multiplication and division.I am simply wowed.Knitting,playing the recorder so beautifully and needle work.Lots of games (which you immensely enjoy),Telugu and Hindi( which you dont enjoy,that is an understatement),to a beautiful play staged at the year end.So much has happened the entire year.Apart from your olden goldie friends Jinny and Krish ,we have added to the tribe :Vishnu,Aditya and so so many more:)

Other Activities
This year we focused on your piano lessons however mid year it stopped because our home tutor couldn't make it.You still play on the keyboard and translate all the recorder lessons to keyboard lessons.You had your swimming lessons last summer.Water Baby.You paint and draw with so much passion.Given a cardboard you love to create wonderous things with them.From cars to small home made musical instruments. Wonder boy.Wonder fingers.The entire world is your Art project.
Lego world is a world that still exists or rather is growing larger by the day.

Travel:
What a beautiful year for travel.We started with the untouched Dandeli,followed by the chikmagalur hills and the awe inspiring Ajanta & Ellora Caves and the last stop was the fun and super Goa!You simply love travelling and make such a joyous companion

Some other important notes:

  • We lost 3 of our baby tooth this year.Plenty of visits of Ms Tooth Fairy:)
  • Favorite Song: Shape of you ;p
  • Learnt to tie up Shoe laces.
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE the National Geographic channel.Especially this show called Do / Die
  • Have this profound interest in insects and thieving wild.
  • Absolutely love helping Amma with making dinners.Especially love chopping veggies and fruits for Salads.
  • When absolutely bored you like to cook- yes.You read that right.
  • Favorite sport : Cycling and running like mad barbarians on fire.
  • Simply love our families.You enjoy every moment of every minute spent with them.Especially your grandparents.
  • Favorite Fruit :Strawberries and Kiwis
  • Favorite Juice : Coconut water
  • Favourite Soup : Home made brocolli cream soup
  • Favorite sweet treats : Home made caramel custard.Restaurant bought is also ok. Home made cakes and bakes.
  • Sambar or Rasam: The favor is on Sambar's side currently.
  • Favorite meal: Rice,Samabar,Ghee(LOTS ),Any veggie and Egg Boiled.
  • Always help Amma and Appa to clean up home.Without any fuss.Sometimes there is some rebel and that we choose to ignore:P
  • Favorite Book: The Gruffalo's  Child & The little Mr & Ms Series
  • We have discovered the world of board games.Pallanguzhi and life.Annoyingly addicted you are.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covid days

10 years of loving you.